Please contact me in the first instance with your enquiry. I will carry out an initial free consultation, without obligation, which will assess the work required, taking into account any documentation or research that you may already hold. After the initial assessment, a research plan, timescale, and budget will be set. My fees are £15 per hour, or I can work within an agreed budget.
The fee will include:
- Regular progress reports
- A full written report, detailing all sources used and results found
- Transcribing old documents (eg wills)
- Visits to local places and archives in Norfolk (eg Norfolk Record Office, Norfolk Heritage Centre, Norfolk Family History Society)
Additional charges (at cost):
- Copies of original documents
- Birth, marriage and death certificates, which are ordered from the General Record Office (GRO) and are currently £9.25 each
- Photography permits
- Postage and packing
All work is treated as confidential and the property of the client. No copies of the written report and accompanying documents are retained once the report is submitted to the client and signed off. Client research interests and contact details will not be passed on to a third party without prior permission.